|Your Online Community and Visitor Guide for Aroostook County Maine
|| Good Morning -
Today is Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Visitors to Aroostook.com and users of its features must agree to the terms and conditions stipulated in this policy. For further questions, please send email to info@Aroostook.com.
We at Aroostook.com understand your need to maintain your privacy when using the Internet, therefore, protecting your privacy is of utmost importance to us. This Privacy Statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices. Aroostook.com will never sell, exchange, or release any of your individual personal information to a third party.
2. Aroostook.com uses advanced server techniques to track user activity on this site. The data received is used to monitor which pages receive the most 'hits', site referrers, and the amount of online traffic we receive. We DO NOT extract any personal information to achieve this.
3. There is no association between the anonymous user information we collect or solicit and a visitor's identity. Furthermore, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access.
Disclosure of Personal Information
1. Aroostook.com does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We may utilize aggregate statistics about our visitor traffic patterns and related site information for marketing purposes but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information.
Classified Advertising Terms and Conditions
Aroostook.com will not be held responsible for the content of any ad placed. We are not liable for any items, products or services offered. Users are advised to verify all purchases. No guarantees or warranties are offered unless stipulated by the advertiser. You must contact the advertiser directly with any problems or concerns. You may report any advertiser for unscrupulous practices to Aroostook.com by email to info@Aroostook.com.
All ads placed must agree to and adhere to the following terms and conditions:
1. Aroostook.com requires a valid email address with all accounts.
2. Ads and their content published on Aroostook.com remain the intellectual property of Aroostook.com and it's respective owners.
3. Ads will be published exactly as posted. Aroostook.com will not edit ads. We are not responsible for any errors.
4. Classified Ads will remain online for a maximum period of 60-days from date of posting.
5. Aroostook.com cannot guarantee the sale of any item or service, or any specific number of inquires.
6. Ads that promote products or services that are in direct competition with Aroostook.com or Tidal Technologies such local portals, business and service directories, link sites, website development, website hosting, or website programming will not be accepted.
7. We are unable to accept ads for real estate for sale, lease or rental, or any ads advertising the sale of firearms or weapons.
8. Employment ads. Only ads offering legitimate employment with local establishments or businesses will be accepted. Any ads offering business opportunities, online jobs and pay-per-click opportunities, etc., will be denied.
Website Link Directory
Aroostook.com's website link directory is provided as a resource and convenience to its visitors and is not responsible for the content of any website it may link to. We do not accept links to websites that may contain inappropriate content such as nudity, racism, violence, vulgarity, etc., or any content Aroostook.com believes is detrimental or harmful. No links will be accepted from any websites that promote competing services of Aroostook.com or Tidal Technologies such as other local portal sites or website development and programming firms.
Use of Online Forms, Mailing Lists and Subscription Data
If you are under 13 years old, we are legally forbidden to collect any information about you, so please do not complete any forms. If you do fill out any forms, you represent that you are 13 years old or older. Any online forms submitted through Aroostook.com are used solely for the purpose of their intentions. Aroostook.com does NOT sell or distribute any personal or business information whatsoever. All data received is used strictly in-house by Aroostook.com only.
Use of Online Discussion Forums and Bulletin Boards
1. A valid email address must be used in order to register for these forums. Any accounts with invalid email addresses will be automatically deleted. Email addresses will NOT be displayed online unless you opt to do so.
2. You agree not to use this forum to post any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws. You also agree that you will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by yourself or the owners of these forums.
3. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Aroostook.com and its agents with respect to any claim based upon any post you may make. We also reserve the right to reveal whatever information we know about you in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by yourself. However, no information will be released without a court order or subpoena.
4. All information sent through these forums remains the property of Aroostook.com. This is a private forum and Aroostook.com may cancel any account for behavior it feels has acted in an inappropriate or offending manner. Aroostook.com will not be held responsible for any actions conducted by its members. Please do not provide any personal information you do not wish known others.
5. Reporting Slander: If a message post is slanderous, we will remove the post if the offended party attests to its falsehood. The author may re-post the message if he is willing to sign an affidavit that the post was indeed truthful. After that point, the offended party must take the author to a civil court to pursue the matter further.
6. We encourage the recommendations of local businesses and services, however, the forums are not intended for advertising. Replies to requests for services or products are not considered advertising. Please be cautious when posting any personal information of a business that you do not have permission from. Promotion of business services is permitted in signature files.
7. Aroostook.com will not tolerate abuse or vituperation against or between its members, or any posts, signatures, or files that promote hatred or discrimination against any race, sex or religion.
8. Although messages posted are not the responsibility of this forum and we are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. If you do find any posts are objectionable then please contact the forum by sending email to info@Aroostook.com.
9. The Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) requires that Web Sites are to obtain parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13. If you are below 13 then you can NOT use this forum. Please do NOT register if you are below the age of 13.
Posting Reviews on Flagler Online
Aroostook.com allows users to post reviews of businesses and services. It is important that you read and understand these Terms as they govern our standards for submission of consumer reviews ("Reviews"). By posting a Review on Aroostook.com, you are agreeing to the following Terms:
1. Unacceptable Content:
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to refuse to post or to remove any Review if it contains or features any of the following:
1. Offensive language, including harmful or abusive language, expletives or profanities, obscenities, or hate speech, or harassing, vulgar, or sexually explicit language;
2. References to illegal activity;
3. Content that contains personal attacks;
4. Personal information, such as phone numbers, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, personal Web sites, etc.;
5. Messages that are clearly advertising or commercial in nature and do not specifically relate to the subject at hand;
6. Content other than text, such as photos, sound, or other images;
7. Content we determine is illegal or violates any federal, state, or local law or regulation or the rights of any other person or entity;
8. Content that is not in English; that is encrypted; or that contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, intercept, or appropriate any system, data, or personal information; or
9. Content that violates the standards of good taste or the standards of this Web site, as determined by Aroostook.com in its sole discretion.
2. Reviews are not endorsed by Aroostook.com
Reviews do not reflect the views of Aroostook.com; its parent, subsidiary or any affiliated companies; or its employees, officers, directors, or advertisers.
Aroostook.com does not assume responsibility or liability for any Review or for any claims, damages, or losses resulting from any use of this service or the materials contained therein.
3. Reviews are owned by Aroostook.com
Reviews that are submitted to us shall be owned exclusively and in perpetuity by Aroostook.com. Such exclusive ownership means that Aroostook.com, its parent, subsidiary, or affiliated companies have the unrestricted, perpetual, and exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, translate, transmit, and distribute any and all materials and communications. We are under no obligation to give credit or pay any consideration to you for your Reviews.
4. Contact Us
Terms & Conditions for eCards
Use of Aroostook.com's eCard service is subject to the following terms and conditions. Please take a moment to read carefully.
1. Aroostook.com's eCard service is a free service and all are welcome to send as many eCards as they wish providing all Terms and Conditions are met.
2. Aroostook.com's eCard users will not use the service for chain letters, junk mail, spamming or any use of distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process.
3. Aroostook.com's eCard's Users will not transmit through the Service any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature.
4. Aroostook.com's eCard's Users agrees not to use the service for illegal purposes.
5. As an Aroostook.com eCard User, you recognize and accept that this service is not intended to be an Anonymous Email Service. Every eCard sent records the I.P. (Internet Protocol) address from which the login session originated. With this header information, the source of a message can be narrowed dramatically (often directly to your computer). This is done for the protection of Aroostook.com's eCard recipients only.
Copyright and Ownership Notice:
1. Images on Aroostook.com are protected under strict U.S. Copyright laws.
2. All images, photographs, and graphics used as Aroostook.com eCards, are copyrighted by their respective owners.
3. You may not use any images for any purpose other than for which they are intended on this Web-site.
4. Downloading images from Aroostook.com is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Aroostook.com.
To report a violation of the Aroostook.com eCard's Rules and Regulations, please send an email to: info@Aroostook.com.
Aroostook.com eCard's USE OF USER EMAIL ADDRESSES: Aroostook.com does not sell or distribute the email addresses of anyone using our system. The only time Aroostook.com will intentionally release information concerning a User's communications is to:
1. help users or recipients send or pickup their eCards;
2. conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Aroostook.com;
3. protect and defend the rights or property of Aroostook.com; or
4. act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Aroostook.com Users or the public.
Recommended actions when using the Aroostook.com eCard service:
1. Do not use Aroostook.com eCard service for sending sensitive or private data such as credit card numbers.
2. The Aroostook.com eCard service should not be relied upon as a sole form of communication.
3. Apart from network delays, Aroostook.com eCard's are processed within seconds of the Users' submission.